Royal Naval Association - Worthing
Or use our online contact form.
The visit to Ypres was satisfactorily conducted 30th April and 1st May.
A report will be provided shortly.
Phots as below
Group Photo with new Army recruits
There will be a two Day Branch trip to Ypres, departing on Tuesday 30th April 2019, and returning Wednesday 1st May 2019.
The cost of the trip will be £80 per person, which includes all Mini-bus transport, and Hotel Accommodation on a B&B Basis. Rooms will be on a double occupancy basis in Twin rooms, so sharing a room will be required. It is to be noted that any entry fees, will be required to be paid for at the time (not covered), as too will be all meals other than the hotel breakfast.
- Depart at 0530 from the Strand/Boulevard Bus Stop in Worthing.
- Travel to Eurptunnel at Folkstone, and then to Calais.
- Travel from Calais to Ypres, ETA 1200 local time. Access to the hotel not before 1500, allowing time to explore Ypres Town Centre.
- Own arrangements for evening meal - to be taken early!
- Muster at The Menin Gate at 2000 for the Last Post Ceremony. If you have it, please wear RNA Rig with Medals.
- Depart Hotel early AM, to embark Mini-bus. The day will be spent visiting the main areas of the Passchendaele Battlefield around the Ypres Area.
- Depart the area by 1700 local time for travel to Calais
- Eurotunnel back to Folkstone
- Mini-bus Folkstone to Worthing.
- ETA back in Worthing around 2100.
At this time (21 Jan) all places on the trip are taken, but there is a stand-by list open.
All persons are strongly advised to makew sure that you arrange your own Travel Insurance for the duration of the trip. Any queries, please contact S/Ms Anna or David Shipley
01903 539210 / 07787 739211